Membership News for St. Louis Suburban Council of the International Literacy Association: April 2015
St. LOUIS SUBURBAN COUNCIL OF INTERNATIONAL LITERACY ASSOCIATION
Jody Rozbicki, Membership Director
St. Louis Suburban Council of International Literacy Association is a true Professional Learning Community with 283 members as of March 30, 2015. Congratulations to our membership for recognizing the benefits of our collegial and professional organization. In the April 2015 newsletter, you will find the St. Louis Suburban Council of ILA membership application form for April 2015 to August 2016. Membership dues may increase in July 2015. This is a good time to update your membership. If you have not yet, please send your membership form ASAP to Jody Rozbicki, Membership Director.TODAY!
Highlights of St. Louis Suburban Council of International Literacy Association
- Members represent more than twenty-five public school districts, many archdiocesan and other parochial and private schools, seven universities, and representatives of textbook and trade book publishers/distributers.
- Members include administrators, classroom teachers, librarians, reading specialists, literacy coaches, special education teachers, ESL teachers, undergraduate and graduate students, and university faculty.
- Educators and administrators who work with students from kindergarten through university levels are represented.
- With nearly 283 members, this is one of the largest local councils of the International Literacy Association of Missouri.
- Our council has won awards at state and national levels for the quality of our programs and the services we provide.
- We provide material to support family literacy, both locally and internationally.
- We support international efforts to improve literacy across cultures.
- We offer a mini-grant of $250-$500 for a member to implement a literacy-focused project
- We provide networking opportunities for educators throughout the Greater St. Louis Area.
- St. Louis Suburban Council is hosting the July 2015, International Literacy Association Conference
Top 5 Benefits of IRA Membership
- Receive practical teaching tools you can use in the classroom
- Access to top-rated journals, innovative research, and best practices
- Being part of a community of literacy professionals
- Discounts on ILA publications and other professional development resources
- Reduced conference registration rates
Information on ILA membership see: http://www.reading.org